With the trip in January to Phoenix for Creativation, my crafting budget has been put on hold for a bit. Let me just say it has been soooo hard to stick to this with all the new stamps, dies and products coming out but the good thing is, I am pulling out some of my current supplies to play 🙂 I am dreaming of the day when I have the new Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Wildflower Stems #1 & 2 and it put me in a springy mood. Plus still thinking of the Sizzix Booth @ Creativation that was a Garden Shed theme, so I had a few different inspirational drives 🙂
Let’s get started ….
I first brushed on a layer of Dina Wakely Black Gesso (I love how matte and quick drying this gesso is). After that was dry I brushed on some Distress Paint in Peeled Paint, let it dry slightly than sprinkled with water. I then used the heat tool to dry the paint, used a paper towel to soak up the water which left random spots of black poking through. I also had some paint on my gel plate (used it for my palette) and pressed that onto the Stampers Anonymous Medium Etcetera Tag
I applied a thin layer of Ranger Crackle with a palette knife and allowed to air dry.
The crackle lifted up just like I wanted it to on the oil paste areas and I rubbed off even more for a extremely chippy, rustic look 🙂 To help with no more chipping, I applied with my finger Collage Medium in both Matte and Vintage.
Next I started adding color to the white crackle areas, first with Distress Paint in Crushed Olive and Distress Crayon in Fossilized Amber Allowing layers to dry inbetween to allow for variations in color 🙂
For the flowers I started by inking some watercolor paper with Squeezed Lemonade & Mustard Seed. Worn Lipstick & Picked Raspberry. Wilted Violet & Shaded Lilac. I then die cut my flowers first with Framelits Flower Jar 662270. One all the flowers are cut place the negative piece of cardstock in your stamp platform on a piece of Sizzix Sticky Grids and line up your stamp inside of the cut. Add the die cut shape back into the ‘void’ and stamp. Perfectly lined up image every time! And also works great for doing multiples. For the bundles (upper right pic) I lay all the stems down onto the silicone mat of the Glass Media Mat with a generous dollop of collage medium and allow to dry. Once dry will lift right up off of the mat.
For the frame around the gorgeous print from the new Tim Holtz Layers pack I flipped the smallest one from the pack around. I then distressed it and made to look like barnwood. The shelf it is sitting on is actually the medium frame from the pack that I carefully took apart and used one side. This was made to look chippy by following the same steps as above, although this time I used Barn Door over the white crackle.
To distress the Faucet Knob I did about 3 layers of Distress Embossing Powders in Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint and Tea Dye (unfortunately this is discontinued but can still find it at a few select online retailers). Grit Paste can also be used 🙂
For the jars I was looking for a galvanized look so I cut Metallic cardstock and colored them with Pitch Black Alcohol Ink pouncing with the applicator until very little remained. I very carfully slightly bent a Metal Gate then added more crackle.
A few more details and that’s it, all done!
I hope you enjoyed this project and as always
Have a blessed day, Wendy xo
I have supplied the links to products I used but are a courtesy, I am not affiliated with Stampers Anonymous.