I can’t believe there is only one more week, really went quick.
I am participating in Linda Coughlin’s (owner of Funkie Junkie, my favorite online store) challenge ’12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Boutique Style’. You can find details here. Basically, Linda creates a tag each week and you create whatever inspires you from the tag, then you share on her blog. Easy~peasy.
So here is the inspirational tag that Linda created for week #11
I didn’t have most of the components that Linda used, so I decided to try to mimic her layout. And though what a perfect time to use my newly purchased TH Sizzix Bigz die Assembly Snowman, isn’t he just the cutest!!!! I see some kind of fabric projects in my near future with this guy. Anyway here are the steps to create this tag.
- Ran thinlit tag through Vagabond with white Bristol paper.
- Ran cut tag through with stencil THS066 with the sandwich of main plate, silicone mat, tag, stencil, Impression pad.
- Pine needles DI on craft mat, swooshed embossed tag and spritzed heavily with water.
- laid stencil over embossed area and used blending tool and lightly inked using festive berries DI. While stencil still in place, flicked water and mopped up.
- Plaid mid layer= stamping ‘Stripes’ background stamp from TH Stampers Anonymous CMS281 vertically with pine needles DI and then horizontally with archival Ruby. Inked ripped edges with festive berries DI.
Snowman body~ after diecutting from bristol I applied Ranger texture paste with a pallette knife being sure to have valleys and peaks. While still wet, I randomly sprinkled Lindy’s Purely White EP and Stamping Up Iridescent Ice (discontinued I believe), less of the ice because I didn’t want the sparkly to overwhelm the snow look.. Let dry completely, then use embossing gun. This had enough texture and did not add any ink, shocking I know 😉
Add a little glossy accents, ink up some ribbon and the rest is just gluing and layering.
I really do love snowmen and this one has me dreaming of a good snow fall here in Mi because we haven’t had one yet this season.
Thanks for joining me!
This is really fabulous! I love that snowman and the texture you created is amazing.
So fabulous and fun, what awesome texture! I really love every detail of this. Hugs, Autumn
Wendy, this is the sweetest snowman, so full of texture and great Christmas-y details! I love the traditional colors of your background! Great tag! Hugs!
Great take on Tag #10, Wendy! Wonderful background with plaid and burlap. And of course, the snowy snowman is fantastic. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas!