So the sun has finally come out here in Michigan for me to take some pictures of my latest participation tags.
I am participating in Linda Coughlin’s (owner of Funkie Junkie, my favorite online store) challenge ’12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Boutique Style’. You can find details here. Basically, Linda creates a tag each week and you create whatever inspires you from the tag, then you share on her blog. Easy~peasy. I have some completed already but they reside in one post that you can view here. That post has #2,#3,#4,#6 & #7. Be sure to look at #8 tag and #5 in their individual posts also.
So, I started out with inspiration from Linda’s tag #10 (find it here)
This is was my background ….
I kinda followed her steps with my own little twist.
- Brushed Golden Gesso onto a white tag.
- Once dry, I then used blending tool and added a couple layers of DI vintage photo, let dry between layers (multiple layers just make the color a bit bolder due to being transparent).
- My twist~ I then took THS094 tinsel stencil (new favorite) with a baby wipe and removed the ink through the stencil vs Linda using texture paste.
- Then randomly stamped with vintage photo archival ink the star print from the THSA ‘Stamptember 2017″ set exclusively from Simon Says Stamp.
I had to have one of these sets because not only are the images smaller but there is a image from all of this years Christmas releases. I didn’t know how many sets I was going to be able to purchase, so this set worked out great.
Anyway, I was feeling like the background went more with tag #1 (Linda’s #1 here) for me so I changed direction.
- I used archival in vintage photo through THS096 stencil.
- Stamped the tree ring from Stamptember 2017 set onto Ranger specialty stamping paper in archival vintage photo. Tip~ the framelit for the earth stamp from the mixed media sets fit this perfectly.
Used Distress markers and water to color the ring, used thinlits on inked watercolor paper for the deer. I then used collage medium & THD glitter in vintage photo on the bigger deer. Stamped some VersaMark, used Ranger sticky embossing powder and THD glitter with the star stamp. The piece was too big so I cut out a few of the better looking lines. The image was a bit intricate for the glitter to be sharp but I felt it still worked nicely with the rest of the tag.
I liked the quotes Linda used so I did, also. Even though this did a 180* after the background was created, I was happy to have tag #1 completed, it was giving me some trouble, lol.