Hello and welcome! If you are returning to view my next participation tag, Welcome Back 😉 If this is your visit, let me share some details. I am participating in Linda Coughlin’s (owner of Funkie Junkie, my favorite online store) challenge ’12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Boutique Style’. You can find details here. Basically, Linda creates a tag each week and you create whatever inspires you from the tag, then you share on her blog. Easy~peasy. I have some completed already but they reside in one post that you can view here. That post has #2,#3,#4,#6 & #7.
Let’s get going onto Tag #5, shall we … you can view Linda’s inspiration piece here
Quite a bit different, right? I didn’t have many postal stamps but did have TH Idea-ology postal tissue paper, so I decided to use that as my base and Santa, of course.
- I layed down a layer of THD (Tim Holtz Distress) collage medium, tissue paper, another layer of collage medium, then scrunched it up to add some delicious texture.
- After that was dry, with my finger I smooshed around THD crayons in candied apple, brushed pewter and salty ocean. I was worried the salty ocean (all I had) was too bright, which it was so the brushed pewter helped tone that down.
- I stamped SATHC (Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection) Letter to Santa CMS053 onto tissue paper with Archival Jet Black to get the reverse image.
- I then used THD collage medium crazing over the top to get the small cracks on the big guy to age it a bit.
- When Santa was dry I rubbed THD crayon in antique linen into all those yummy cracks.
- I cut TH Kraft-core in red with the Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix Postage Stamp. Blue with Tim Holtz Thinlits by Sizzix in nestled oval. Santa was cut out of (Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shakers Ornate Frame.
Tim Holtz Ephemera pack, Idea-ology and TH paper stash make up this layer. This layer works real nicely together, in my opinion, having metal, fiber and shine all in the same area.
Linda had some holly in her inspirational piece so I thought this was a perfect spot to add a little to mine.
- Cut Kraft-core in green from Tim Holtz Thinlits by Sizzix mini winter greenery.
- Used Red Pepper alcohol ink on Idea-ology berries.
- Applied Ranger Glossy Accents
- Lightly sprinkled Flora Craft Diamond Dust on holly leaves. I really need to get me some THD rock candy.
A little twine and the tag is complete.
This has been so much fun! On to the next one 😉
Wow, Wendy, your tag is loaded with so much inspiration and awesome product…where to I start? Love the crinkled up Postale tissue wrap. The ephemera and your Santa panel with the crazing is fantastic! The rich layers and detail make this such a facinating tag…I could literally stare at it for an hour. Thanks so much for playing along again for week #5!
thank you for your kind words, Linda and taking the time to view 😉 Your tags are so inspirational, love them!