Hello and TY for visiting… I have been a customer over at Funkie Junkie Boutique for quite some time and decided I want to share what I do with the products I buy, so I am participating in this week’s challenge of ‘Tis Near Halloween.
I titled it “All in a Days Work”. Mr. Elmendorf is a bit of a messy worked but always know where everything is at. Continue scrolling to find out how this project was put together.
I used Tim Holtz (TH) Halloween baseboards, TH burlap panel and the packaging material to build my base. Also did some stamping with the cob webs background stamp.
For dies that I have but may not have a stencils for I do this tip I learned from Tim Holtz ~ use Yupo paper, run it through the Vagabond and viola, homemade stencil.
Meanwhile when the texture paste was drying, I got busy dirting up the TH ruler ribbon with alcohol inks in Sunshine yellow, Butterscotch and Caramel. These are my go to colors when antiquing items. I put a few drops on side of bag, place item in and squish around.
I love to see beyond a items intended use and this is a perfect example of that. This found object (I have had it for years, sorry I do not recall where I picked it up from) was a perfect size and element with the exception of the cupid head~ so I used my trusted pliers and off it came. The TH skull would soon reside on top of the gorgeous little frame.
After texture paste had dried, I used TH Distress (THD) stain and TH Oxide (THO) in Fired Brick to add the element of red that was in the arsenic board. I also ran the black packaging material trough the Vagabond using TH ATC (artists trading card) sized embossing folder for web, then softly used TH crayon in brushed pewter to highlight. After much rearranging, I decided not to use the cigar box baseboard and glued these pieces together using hot glue. To dirty up boards a little more, I used a palette knife and applied TH Collage Vintage Medium.
Embellishments are coming along nicely… For vials I usually dirty them up by applying collage medium, after dry add TH crackle rock candy, after that is dry adding alcohol ink of choice. For the frame I used Dina Wakley black gesso, TH crayon brushed pewter to highlight and inserted picture from the TH Halloween Paper stash.
No space is complete without a little stash area. The box is from a TH configurations set, I used black gesso, a few cut outs from TH halloween paper stash and TH washi tape.
Now to put it all together…
To dirty up the piece of TH paper stash (classifieds) I used collage medium in vintage, splattered THD stain in vintage photo, added pencil marks and used TH halloween rub ns. Also, the way I get a vintage looking piece of tape is buy using Scotch double sided and adding alcohol ink.
A few more close ups … Mr. WM S. Elmendorf is from TH Salvage Stickers French Industrial. I liked his look and size for this challenge. I bit spooky, yet very vintage.
The stash area … I used alcohol ink in snow cap on the TH skull and crossbones so it would stand out a bit more. I also wanted the TH halloween paper dolls to appear as if they were really sitting, so I just did a little bending here and there.
Upper and side views. The dried floral elements are from my yard, which add an element of vintage, IMO.
Thank you for viewing and if you have ANY questions, I am more than happy to try to answer.
Wish me luck 🙂 you can view the challenge here .